Associate Director, Alumni Engagement and Stakeholder Services
|| Job Location
|| Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
|| Job Type
|| Position End Date
|| Alumni and Development
|| # of Positions
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
Reporting to the Director, Alumni & Development, you will lead a diverse portfolio and exceptional, high-performing team focused on providing best-in-class customer service to internal constituents and key external stakeholders.
Activities include: identifying and managing relationships with business partners providing mutually beneficial services for alumni; creation of methods and strategies for dialogue between SAIT and its alumni; programs that contribute to alumni pride and institutional reputation; and the promotion of SAIT’s brand attributes.
Our team nurtures the connection between a life-changing SAIT experience and a life-long relationship by cultivating pride and building support for SAIT.
• Respect and support
• Accountability and commitment to quality
• Our team will engage students, alumni, donors and colleagues to:
• Advance SAIT’s reputation and brand
• Embody a culture of gratitude and philanthropy
• Build and strengthen affinity through diverse initiatives, personal experiences and thoughtful programs
• Maximize opportunities that foster deeper connections that benefit SAIT
• Demonstrate that we are leaders in practice and delivery, who are highly engaged and focused on continuous improvement
- Post-secondary education with a focus on public and stakeholder relations (alumni relations or advancement experience would be an asset), marketing, communications and leadership
- Minimum of 10 years in public or community relations or marketing
- Experience in developing a communications strategy, ideally in a post-secondary setting
- Previous experience in developing a communications plan in support of a capital campaign would be an asset
- Proven ability to champion, motivate and lead teams to achieve tangible goals and exceptional performance
- Ability to articulate a clear vision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a superior ability to engage diverse audiences
- Superior analytical and management abilities, combined with sound business acumen
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to establish credibility internally and externally
- Goal oriented, highly energetic with a positive and enthusiastic approach
- A commitment to excellent best-in-class customer services
- Able to cope with ambiguity, set priorities, multi-task effectively, and earn the respect and trust of others
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to build consensus
- Experience and high comfort level working creatively with limited resources
- Working knowledge of fundraising practices and campaign experience in a large organization would be advantageous
- Digital communications experience and proficiency would be an asset
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including:
comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre,
transit subsidies and more.
Employee Benefits and Perks
The AUPE Salary Grid is available here: https://www.aupelocal39.com/index.php/docmts/category/80-pay
SAFA Collective Agreement with salary information embedded is available here: http://safacalgary.com/info/documents/
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button or use your Linkedin Profile.
All applications should be made through our online system.
If you have any questions about the role please contact email@example.com. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
All applications must be received by: Open until suitable candidate found.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
Personal Information – General Guidelines.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.